Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thing #21

I listened to the Learning 2.0 podcast and enjoyed it. I thought the podgrunt broadcast on YouTube was also good. I looked around in Educational Podcast Directory and found some library-related podcasts on things like creating a 2.0 library. I am sure they were interesting but many of them were very long and I didn't have time to listen. Some were from SirsiDynix and could be quite informational. Podcast.net was not as user friendly but still pretty easy to use. On Pocastalley.com I found some podcasts on learning Spanish and that is something that sounds interesting to me. I added Rolling R's to my Google Reader account. Wow! In Yahoo Podcasts I typed in young adult booktalk in the search box and under Booktalks Quick and Simple I found a treasure trove of booktalks. I listened to the one on ONE OF THOSE HIDEOUS BOOKS WHERE THE MOTHER DIES by Sonya Sones. It was quick and it was simple and very well done. This could be something great for the library. I enjoyed looking through these various podcast directories and am sure I would be overwhelmed by all the useful podcasts that are actually out there.

No comments: