Thursday, January 24, 2008

Red, I think!

I am really happy that you ladies created this self-paced learning op for us. I really like to stay up with what is out there for personal as well as professional reasons but it is just too difficult for me to do it on my own. I know I won't use all of these but I can always go back and use them in depth if/when the time calls for it. I enjoyed Animoto and YouTube and feel that Zoho Writer could be of benefit down the line. I am very happy to have learned about wikis because I feel that this could definitely have a place in our library toolbox in the near future. I'm happy to know about Del.icio.us because I work at more than one computer and I was just working with a class this morning that needed a social bookmarking site. I am so glad you introduced us to online image generators - I need things like this all the time. One last thing I want to try in greater depth is flickr - probably more for personal use than professional.

I would definitely participate if you offered another discovery program like this. But give me time to digest this first. One way it might be a little better is to do it in smaller bites or sets. Then we could do a couple throughout the year. It did take up a lot of personal time.

And in case you couldn't tell by the title, I want a red nano!

3 comments:

Sandy E. said...

Congratulations! I agree that we need to do it in smaller doses with some help along the way so I wouldn't feel so absolutely clueless on some. But it was fun to learn about all the new stuff available for us.

Debbie said...

Congrats! It feels good to know what all those terms mean that we read or hear about everywhere. Great job!

CoolLibrarian said...

I am hearing the Web 2.0 terms more now, too. Maybe I am just more aware of it since I know what it means. Good job!