Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thing #13

I think last year we had a staff development (maybe with Walter Betts) where del.icio.us was mentioned. He gave us some information and even showed us a few things about del.icio.us and I believe I tried it and it just didn't work like I thought. Now that I have gone through these tutorials it makes a lot more sense and has been easier to use. I love the idea behind social bookmarking and think it has great potential. It can be used in so many ways. I love the idea that it can be used from any computer. I can see that it can be used by a community of librarians to share ideas, it can be used by all biology teachers, for example, to share tools on the internet, etc. I have thought about using it as part of a TAKS Support Plan so that students might come in and use bookmarked sites for practicing/learning about TAKS objectives.

No comments: