Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thing #19

I began Thing 19 by setting up an account with Gliffy. While I waited for my confirmation email I tried setting up an account with mindmeister. It just took me to a funny page and stayed there so I thought I would just move on to Flowchart.com. I got on and watched the demo and it looked easy enough. I signed up and waited for my beta invite. I have now been waiting about 15 minutes for responses from the very first account I signed up for. I finally went to bubbl.us and began working on a mind map. It was very simple. I readily set up and account and created a mind map of the JHHS Library Features. I invited a collegue to collaborate with me and if she sets up an account we can collaborate in real time. I like that idea. It has been about an hour and I still have no confirmations or invitations from the other accounts. Once those arrive I will try one of flowcharts and blog about my experience.

Well, I tried one more time to get into Gliffy and it did let me make a flowchart which was very user friendly. I made a flowchart concerning our library assistants for the first semester - what they did well and how they need to improve. If it will ever let me confirm my email I will try to use this as a brainstorming/collaborative tool with Karen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Phyllis,
Thanks for giving Gliffy a try. Did you receive your confirmation email? If not, I'd be happy to work with you to figure out what happened--we have not heard this from users before so we are very interested in resolving it.
Thanks~ debik at gliffy dot com

Comapping said...

Another tool worth trying out is comapping.com - a collaborative web-based mind mapping tool.