Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thing #20

The first thing I did after creating an account with YouTube was to search for videos on booktalks. I thought this would be an interesting way to use YouTube. The first one I chose was on Fly on the Wall: How One Girl Saw Everything . I thought it was cute and interesting and wanted to add it to my blog but the embedding had been disabled by request. Hopefully my link will take you to it. Karen and I have talked about using YouTube for library orientation. You might also use it to give other forms of instuction. I like YouTube because you can use it for informational purposes or if you just need a good laugh. Below you will find a booktalk that I found on the book AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES by John Green.

1 comment:

happylibrarian said...

Good choice! I look forward to developing this in some way. Links to our website? Someway we can make them available and convince our teachers to use these resources. I know we've only hit the tip of the iceberg when it comes to great resources/websites we could be using.